• 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
• 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
• Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
• Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Management of respiratory emergencies
• Resuscitation team concept
• Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
• Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
• Vascular access Students who successfully complete the PALS Course, including the following components, will receive a PALS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years:
• Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
• Complete the closed-book written exam with a minimum score of 84%
• Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
• Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac and 1 respiratory or shock) as a team leader, providing appropriate medical treatment and demonstrating effective team dynamics.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS: Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 6.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0136.
THE PALS COURSE is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurses, Paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills’
• Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
• Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that
encourage active participation
• Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is a classroom, Instructor-led course that uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
St. Croix Rescue Academy I P.O. Box 2510 Kingshill, VI 00851-2510 I 340-718-6358 I FAX:340-718-6359 I firstname.lastname@example.org I Registration@STXRESCUEACADEMY.ORG
St. Croix Rescue Academy © 2013