REACH HIGHER - BECOME WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BE!
You must follow these steps to become an AHA Instructor with the St. Croix Rescue Academy.
1. Have a current PROVIDER card in the discipline (i.e., CPR, ACLS, PALS, PEARS, BLS,
Heartsaver) you wish to teach.
2. Enroll in the scheduled Instructor Course you desire.
3. Complete the Online “Essentials” program for the Instructor level needed.
www.onlineaha.org. Bring your Essential Program Completion Certificate to The Instructor-Led
4. Purchase your Instructor Course material. You must bring this material with you to the
Instructor Course. You can purchase your Instructor Material from the Rescue Academy or order it
from any of the 3 approved vendors for the American Heart Association.
5. Attend and successfully complete the (Classroom) Instructor Course.
6. Be monitored teaching your first course within 6 calendar months of completing your Instructor Course. Instructor Monitoring and Mentoring must be with an appointed Regional Faculty, TCF or the TCC. Your provider certification must be valid on the date your monitoring is completed.